Tuesday 9 August 2011

A tale of two holidays

I do apologise to my avid readers for the wait, but normal blogging service is about to be resumed. I did think that MS would be more available now that she has retired from her other job, but frankly I have been disappointed. Not only does she claim that she doesn't know how she ever had time to go to work, but she actually had the nerve to go on a two week holiday in France.  What happened to me? Well, for the first week I had the undivided attention of Little Miss Joey, my adored cat sitter who panders to my every whim (well almost) and then......visitors from foreign parts arrived and disaster struck, not for me, but for two of them. My greatly admired long hair proved to be just too much (childhood allergies can be so dreadful) and so, for the first time in years I was sent off to the local hotel for felines.  Don't get me wrong - it has all the facilities a cat could desire, en-suite single rooms, but the company was not really to my taste: I ignored the spitting and hissing next door, but frankly it was a trial. Meanwhile the cat in the 'exchange' French home was being ministered to by MS and fellow cat-lover JD.
Here he is (Larry) looking needy and cute. He's obviously has been taking lessons from me.
Next week Little Miss Joey's taking over for MS' next holiday in France - happy days are here again! perhaps she might even write my next blog.... a bientot, mes amis...

3 comments:

  1. Hello JJ... I'm almost there... cuddles and weird chatting soon. Yes, I will let you have a little go on the blog :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you JJ, I'm glad you survived the cattery - what on earth was MS thinking of? You will have to get tough with her ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought that the most important thing when one's Slave went away was to make sure that the regular supply of high-quality food was uninterrupted. I feel sure Mr JJ agrees. What's more, from my high vantage point I could look down on the French hillside where M. Larry was being attended to by two (sometimes three) devotees, and he seemed to think much the same. He favoured 3-hourly vists to HQ for food (though this wasn't always forthcoming, I noticed with concern)!

    ReplyDelete