Tuesday 23 August 2011

Food for thought

I have been found out - I AM a cowardly lion! So far I have always managed to persuade others in my neighbourhood that I am a large and terrifying monster (next door's cat is convinced of it and long may that last) but the other evening MS came downstairs to find a small black and white stranger in the kitchen scoffing my hard food and - even more humiliating - me outside the back door making no moves to evict the scrounger!
So today I engineered a stand-off outside the front door with a larger ginger 'friend' to impress MS and junior MS who is home for the vacation. Did it work? Well I thought I was pretty frightening, but they just thought I was ....pretty.... I guess you can't win them all. And I don't really like my hard food that much anyway.
Speaking of food - MS tells me there are cafes in Japan where animal-deprived people can bond with cats or dogs or rabbits or ferrets while enjoying tea, coffee and pastries
There are definite pros and cons for the animals concerned I feel - I'd love to hear your views on the subject (I shall definitely not be moving to Japan you will be glad to hear)

1 comment:

  1. Well JJ, you have now been exposed as a big softie haven't you? I've heard that MS plans to visit Japan one day, so you had better find a way of accompanying her on the trip, in case she starts bonding with other cats while she's there!!

    ReplyDelete