Wednesday 4 May 2011

Behind enemy lines

Never mind all those other battles you might hear of, this is where the action is.  Just to show you how fierce and dangerous my main adversary looks, I sent war correspondent MS (at great personal risk) to snatch some shots (photographic only) of him. And here he is -  a great savage beast of a dog, ready to tear poor innocent cats limb from limb.



Well, perhaps I exaggerate a little, but I have never been not fond of dogs and this is a particularly large and bouncy springer spaniel who tears around my garden and empties my food and water bowls whenever he gets the chance. Not often. And he does wag his tail a lot, which I think means he wants to play. No chance.

Now MS seems to think he's a lovely dog and is known to look after him when his (adorable) owners are away. Traitorous behaviour that sends me into a sulk. You might wonder why I say his owners are adorable, but that's because they look after me when MS is allowed time off and they do it very well, in a suitable adoring manner. No accounting for tastes though - why have a dog when they could have a cat like me?

I am told that dogs and cats do get on together. Well, if puppies can be educated by kittens to to realise that there is no such thing as a 'top dog' and that cats rule, I suppose it might be possible. But to be honest, I am an old fuddy-duddy and have my doubts. Occasionally I hear MS junior (did I mention her before? Younger daughter - student) trying to persuade MS that she should get a dog when she retires. Not on my watch, sweetie!

2 comments:

  1. I love this photo...how can JJ be scared of such a cowardly-looking dog hiding behind a cuddly toy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he looks a pretty threatening dog - just as well to be wary. Up here on my cloud dogs and cats are nicely segregated, and I'm able to stay close to my lifetime friends who have also reached the clouds. However, when I needed to, Mister JJ, I had a foolproof method with dogs which you might want to try: fix them with a glassy stare and it can reduce them to a gibbering wreck!

    ReplyDelete