Tuesday 19 April 2011

Introducing myself

This is a new experience, being able to share my views with the world. I have to have an amanuensis, being currently thumbless, unlike other cats of more developed physique but, no doubt, lower intelligence. So I'm using the typing skills of my MS (she thinks that it's short for 'mistress' but it actually stands for 'my slave') now that she has told me about the wonders of blogging.  Apparently I have to thank her two colleagues J and N for this revelation. (I grudgingly allow her to have a second job as it pays for my food and her lodging.)
So, to introduce myself properly: I am a Maine Coon a breed that thinks it's a dog, according to many of our MSs. VSs (visiting slaves) all tell me that I am totally adorable - they have good taste, I'm glad to say. One tries to please. Very occasionally I have to put up with non-cat people and neighbours' dogs: I attach myself like a limpet to the former and they soon go away and as for dogs - they are beneath contempt (excluding the large agressive variety that make me beat a hasty but always dignified retreat behind the MS, who I must say has so far managed to defend me successfully at risk of her own life and limb.) But our canine friends will be the subject of a separate blog....

3 comments:

  1. Hi there JJ. Sitting in the garden, in the dark, are you pondering the secrets of the universe. Or waiting for that mouse to come out again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mister JJ :)
    What a pleasure to hear from you.
    And yes, you are adorable and cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere Mister JJ! I am looking forward to reading your words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete